Tuesday 12 August 2008

SQL Reporting Services Error: Logon failed. (rsLogonFailed) Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007052E)



I've run into this SQL Reporting Services 2005 exception a couple of times now - typically when I have reporting services execution accounts run as domain users that have passwords which expire. You will get this error if the current credentials supplied for the report (or if none supplied, the current SQL Reporting Services Execution Account) are incorrect. This happened on my local machine and the simple fix was to update the password on my execution account.



Corrected the account username/pass... fixed!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I had this exact problem :)

Wilfredo Gameros Arones said...

thank you very much!!!!

Ketan Nawal said...

Thanks, it was helpful...

-ketan

Tej's said...

Thanks, It was helpful.

onur bıyık said...

This is very helpful. Thanks!

The Urban Monk said...

Worked for me!
Why is it these websites have better answers than Microsoft's own website!