Friday 20 January 2012

Just passed the TOGAF 9 Certified Exam (Level 1 and 2) with 90% pass mark!

Just passed the TOGAF 9 Level 1 and 2 Combined exam with a pass mark of 90/100. Part 2 was particularly difficult as expected and really tests your knowledge well. In particular, it tested my knowledge of the different architecture viewpoints that are tailored to match stakeholder concerns.

I won't give too much away (lest I violate the non-disclosure agreement) - but the official Study Guide for Part 2  (https://www2.opengroup.org/ogsys/jsp/publications/PublicationDetails.jsp?catalogno=b096) absolutely has to be known back-to-front to be able to answer the Part 2 questions. It contains content that isn't obvious from the publicly-available TOGAF 9.1 document (http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/togaf9-doc/arch/)
I was a bit worried going into the exam as I had just discovered one of my colleagues failed the TOGAF 8 bridging exam. Luckily I survived the gauntlet (with several late nights of study) and made it through.

DDK

11 comments:

Suresh Jayaraman said...

Congrats!

Enterprise Applications said...

Congrats!
Did you do self study?
I am planing on starting with level 1 test, what do you recommend for study material?

Enterprise Applications said...

Congrats!
Did you do self study?
I am planing on starting with level 1 test, what do you recommend for study material?

Manu e Francy said...

Hi guys,

I am developing a portal to allow people like you to study and get prepared for the TOGAF exam everything FREE. It is a platform to try the exam online and you can test your knowledge with several tests that simulate of both Part 1 and Part 2 of the TOGAF 9 exam.

Feel free to have a look the portal address is :

http://theopenarch.com

Hope you enjoy it!

Good luck !

Manuel

Kevin Lindley said...

Thanks for sharing your expereince of passing the exam. I too took the Combined exam and found that the Part 1 was a really good warm-up for Part 2. For anyone who hasn't yet passed the exams I think I would recommend taking the combined approach. There is a good Quiz for the Foundation Level Exam over at http://hexopus.com/togaf-study-guide/togaf-9-foundation-quiz/ for anyone just starting out.

யாத்ரீகன் said...

Hi all
I have created a quick reference Cheat Sheet for TOGAF which came very handy during my TOGAF preparation. These cheat sheets are available from my blog @ http://yaathirigan.blogspot.in/2013/03/togaf-prep-material.html

I hope people looking forward for their Foundation & Certification exam might find this handy.

Unknown said...

Cheat Sheets are great. Just wanted to confirm that they are based on version 9.1

Unknown said...

Congrats! For those of you still studying, there are lots of sample exam questions here

http://wiki.glitchdata.com/index.php?title=TOGAF_Certification

Unknown said...

Will i be allowed to change the order of attempting Part1 and Part2 in the combined exam?
I prefer to take Part2 first then Part1.

Unknown said...

i passed TOGAF with 94%.
All dumps are having wrong answers.
I enrolled udemy "A9" Togaf, though it is costly, but has correct answers.
only for some questions the scenarios are missing.

Hope this helps

DumpsPass4sure said...
This comment has been removed by the author.