- Farm Administrator (add this through Central Admin)
- Site Collection Administrator (Done through the Individual Site Collection itself)
- db_owner and db_securityadmin permissions on the Central Admin Content database (note that this is normally generated with a Guid in the name e.g. SharePoint_AdminContent_XXXX-XXX-XXX-XXXX.
- db_owner permissions on the Content database for your site e.g. DEV_MachineName_WSS_Content_Portal_5000_0
- Local admin rights on the server itself.
Thursday, 18 March 2010
List of Permissions Required for Deployment and Activation of Solutions/Features on a SharePoint Site
Today I had some issues today with deployment of SharePoint Solutions/Features to one of the development servers. I knew you need both database and site permissions - but wasn't clear on exactly what databases I needed permissions to. Here are the permissions that you need to deploy a solution/feature to SharePoint: